Savings with Derg Credit Union
Encouraging the habit of savings is an important part of the Credit Union message. Regular saving and sensible borrowing are key elements when it comes to managing your money.
Saving on a regular basis is always a good idea. It may be savings for the future, for a particular event, item of just savings for a rainy day.
When you save with Derg Credit Union you are not just a “customer” you are an active member and shareholder of a successful financial co-operative.
By saving regularly you not only help yourself, you also help your community as your savings provide a loan fund for other credit union members.
How can I save?
We offer a number of options to our members who wish to save:
- Over the counter cash, cheque or debit card lodgements;
- Express lodgement envelopes;
- Standing Order from your bank account;
- Make ad-hoc payments through your online banking;
- Over the phone with your Debit Card
Benefits of Saving with Derg Credit Union
- Savings are protected under the Government’s Deposit Guarantee Scheme and the Savings Protection Scheme of the Irish League of Credit Unions.
- Savings of eligible members are insured through FREE Life Savings Insurance up to a maximum of €12,700. (Terms & Conditions Apply)
- Regular saving maintains your credit worthiness and capacity to borrow.
- Easy access to your savings if you wish to make a withdrawal (once your savings are not secured against a loan).
- There are no transaction charges or account fees.