Why Borrow with Derg Credit Union?
- Competitive interest rates
- Free loan protection insurance (subject to terms and conditions)
- Flexible repayment terms
- No transaction charges
- Repayments are calculated on a reducing balance, so the more you pay off the loan the less interest you have to pay.
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular payments without incurring any penalties.
- Ease of repayment by standing order.
Here at Derg Credit Union we offer our members competitive loan rates tailored to suit your loan purpose.
How do I apply?
You must first be a member of Derg Credit Union and members can then apply by downloading our loan application form. You may call to either office with a completed application form and the necessary documentation as outlined below. In some cases further documentation may be required.
You will need:
- Photo ID
- 3 Most Recent Payslips
- 3 Months Recent Bank Statements
- Additional Information on request – i.e. proof of purpose, mortgage statement etc.
- If self-employed you will need to provide us with the most recent set of audited accounts and tax return.
For further information on why we need this information and how we use it, click here
Applying for a Cultivate Loan
Cultivate Farm Loans are now available from Derg Credit Union.
You will need:
- Completed loan application form
- Completed Agri lending fact find
- Most recent certified accounts from and signed by an authorised source
- Statement of direct payments
- Notice of assessment from revenue (acknowledgement of form 11 or Chapter 4 self- assessment statement) or
- written confirmation from accountant that tax affairs are up to date and in order
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Evidence of non-farm income
- The Last milk statement for the previous year
All loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply.
Irish Credit Bureau
Derg Credit Union Limited is a member of the Irish Credit Bureau which is the principal credit reference agency in the country. Derg Credit Union consults this database as part of the loan application process subject to members’ written consent.